Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Recommendation: Standstill Girl



Okay, so I'm a little late to the party, but vgperson (the person who translated the very excellent Mad Father which I talked about heretranslated this fantastic short JRPG called Standstill Girl. I'm having trouble describing the game without sounding ridiculous, so I'll let it explain itself:

Alice is a girl who lives in the Land of Time, in the care of a boy named Tiska.
One day, when the hands of the Great Clock are mysteriously scattered, the Land of Life comes to a standstill.
Though it's Tiska's job as a warden of time to recover the hands, Alice can't help
but be curious...

It's short, but tells a unique story very well, and has a fantastic, streamlined turn based battle system that elegantly fixes all of the usual flaws with JRPG combat. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much in a while. Give it a play!

No comments:

Post a Comment