Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Waker Update


     Now that "Digital Toilet World" is done and behind me, and I'm figuring out how to handle this semester's workload, I can resume serious work on Waker. Today I'm working on polishing up the latest build to send to my new audio guy - I'm looking forward to sharing some of the game's tunes as they're made. More on that later.

    Above is a bug I just discovered - the old black n' white character is never actually destroyed and persists from room to room. He's usually hidden outside of the view, but if you try, you can get him to appear. I'm surprised it took me this long to find him! Bugs can be lots of fun sometimes - part of me almost wishes I didn't catch this one and left in it. 

     I've mostly been rewriting dialogue, lately. The story itself has barely progressed for the past seven months, but I've spent enough time improving the beginning section that I'm ready to proceed. No matter what happens, I'm going to leave the dialogue, graphics, and game play up until this point alone, if there are no serious flaws with it. It's about time I abandoned the work as it currently exists and build upon it.

     God damn, I wish I knew what I was getting into.What a monster this is. A sexy monster, but a monster nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment