Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Monsterpunk Development Update!

First off, Toilets, Meat, and Drugs, as you might have noticed, is now named Monsterpunk. Less syllables, easier to remember, less toilet references. Also, sexy.

Secondly, I've been working on the game's soundtrack over the past months. It's my second attempt ever at creating digital music (the first time being for Digital Toilet World), but I'm feeling pretty good about the results so far. I'm about halfway done composing music. It doesn't make for the best casual listening, but it is video game music. It does what it needs to do.

Listen to it here. I've also uploaded the (tiny) Digital Toilet World soundtrack, for anyone curious.

Thirdly, I've been experimenting with recording gifs of game footage. Being a punk inspired game, it looks a more impressive in motion than in stills, so it's important for me to have some video to show off!

Violent conflict. People say sad things when they die.

Flirting! Right click on people and hearts fill the screen!

Eating a meal in a graveyard.

More flirting!

More violent conflict :(

Pooping!





      
The game's getting pretty close to completion - I'm aiming for a September release date. I've finished re-writing most of the dialogue, have implemented a user-friendly tutorial, and am constantly tweaking and balancing everything. I still have to write the endings, finish composing the music, and implement a needlessly complicated and over-the-top secret easter egg side quest. Not that you heard anything from me about it. 

I will leave you today with this question. Or, rather, this poop monster will: 


No comments:

Post a Comment