Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Clark Stanley's Van Racer

I made a short racing game for 1-2 players. Imagine 16 minivans traveling at 240 mph bouncing into each other, and that is this game.

This one was made for the Grid Grind Jam at Glorious Trainwrecks. Each game had to contain 3 elements from a 3-dimensional grid. I chose "van," "garden," and snake oil salesman "Clark Stanley."

I once had a dream about making a 2.5 racing game like F-Zero or Super Mario Kart, but with minivans. So I decided to make the game for real.

While the game embraces its trash aesthetic, this is probably one of the meticulously engineered things I've ever made. From the drift physics, to the graphics optimization, to the 3D audio, this ended up being a lot more difficult to make than I originally imagined!

All of the sound effects were made with my mouth.

Paul Schroeder made the soundtrack. It's awesome.

You can download the game for Windows from Itch or Glorious Trainwrecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment